1) Sponsor an annual CME accredited Trauma Education event targeted to meeting the needs of the Orthopaedic Surgeon in community practice who is managing patients with musculoskeletal injuries.
2) Sponsor an annual think tank dedicated to clinical research in the care of patients with musculoskeletal injury, with an emphasis on identification of topics that are best suited to investigation with multi-center retrospective or prospective cohort studies.
3) Through these activities SEFC achieves the goals of:
- Developing camaraderie among professional colleagues among the membership of the organization
- Establishing a group of orthopaedic surgeon’s interested in participating as faculty in the annual SEFS educational event
- Providing a venue to discuss and refine clinical research proposals; to facilitate opportunity for members to become PI on projects, and serve as a conduit for a PI to connect with multiple institutions to participate in such projects
- Creating an environment to exchange ideas and interact to result in mentoring and education of orthopaedic surgeons interested in clinical research or other professional development.